Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics of the Kohsar University Murree is a pioneering and prestigious department. The department strongly believes in discovering mathematical answers for diverse social-economic, technological, and work-related processes and difficulties by employing multi-disciplinary research and teaching techniques. We try to foster the strength of reasoning, creativity, abstract spatial thinking, critical thinking, problem-solving capacity, and even good communication skills in the Department of Mathematics at Kohsar University Murree.
To be known around the world as a provider of world-class education, a welcoming hub for basic, applied, and multidisciplinary research, a source of producing high-quality graduates for the job market, and a contributor to societal progress.
Mission of Mathematics department is to create a positive work environment that fosters effective teaching, qualitative scientific research, and the development of distinguished academic programs to keep pace with the latest international scientific developments, while also taking into account the quality standards of qualifying competent professionals who possess logical, scientific, and mathematical thinking skills, as well as scientific research skills in mathematical sciences.
Graduates will have the ability to:
- Making students comprehend mathematical reasoning in many mathematics disciplines.
- Contribute substantially to academia through teaching and research.
- Students are being prepared to seek advanced research degrees in applied, pure, and computational mathematics.
Admission Criterion for BS (Mathematics)
The candidate seeking admission in BS (Mathematics) Program, must meet the following eligibility criterion.
- Intermediate with Mathematics, securing at least 45% marks in aggregate.
- Any other examination of a Foreign University / Institution / Examining Body, equivalent to Intermediate with Mathematics. Equivalence and percentage of marks will be determined by IBCC.
- Diploma of Associate Engineering Examination, securing at least 60% marks in aggregate.
Dr. Rahim Shah (Assistant Professor)
HEC Approved Supervisor
Head of Department
Department of Mathematics, Kohsar
University Murree, Punjab, Pakistan.
Ph.D.: Department of Mathematics, University of Peshawar, Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
Ph.D. in Area and Thesis Title:
Functional Analysis, Fixed Point Theory and Applications
Thesis Title: Fixed Point Theorems for Various Spaces and Their Applications.
Research Field and Interests
- Fixed Point Theory and Applications
- Functional Analysis
- Applied Mathematics