Program Aims and Objectives
BSCS Program is committed to create, expand, disseminate, and teach the computer science body of knowledge through academics, applications and research which positively impact society locally, nationally, and internationally.
BSCS program aims to develop students’ critical professional thinking and intuition. The program ‘s curriculum provides a balanced mixture of learning experiences to make the graduates capable of sound professional decisions. As a result, the successful graduates will be able to assume responsible positions in business, government, and education at the research, development, and planning levels. The program also provides an excellent foundation for further formal learning and training. The program is also expected to provide environments to put into practice, the principles and techniques learnt during the course of implementation of the program curriculum. Some of the key objectives of the program are listed below:
- The program should provide a broad understanding of the field through introducing concepts, theory, techniques, and through intensive education/training in focused areas of Computer Science.
- The program should encourage students to develop and use abstract models in addition to apply respective technology in practical situations.
- The program should promote students’ special communication skills both orally and in writing.
- They must be able to produce well-organized reports/presentations/projects, which clearly delineate objectives, methods of solution, results, and conclusions for a complex task.
- The program should provide formal foundations for higher learning and education.
- The program should be dynamic and flexible enough to maintain its body of knowledge in line with the latest scientific and technological developments in the field.
- The program should provide professional orientation to prepare students for industry.
The BS in Computer Sciences Department of Computer Sciences is envisioned to equip students with the next generation ICT technologies, not only to provide widespread applications of modern ICT solutions, but also capable of developing new products and apps to address the local and global challenges prevalent as they emerge in diverse domains of life, businesses and industries.
KU Murree will impart and spread knowledge of Computers in the region to take full advantage of IT based economy in order to eliminate the poverty and elevate the living standard of the society. The students will be trained to develop software and tools/Apps and will be playing a pivotal role by interacting with all the multidisciplinary programs offered at University including Bioinformatics, Microbiology, Forestry, Tourism & Hospitality, Psychology, Sociology, Mathematics etc. This will further extend the scope and responsibility of Computer Science in terms of facilitating the R & D in various domains with effective utilization of computing power. The students will be equipped with Computer Languages, Programming, database development, website development, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, remote sensing and so on.
Objectives of the Department
• Aapply the fundamental practices and concepts of computer science and develop an appreciation of the diverse role of computing technology in society and the environment in which they live.
• Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
• Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
• Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
• Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
• Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
• Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions
Our educational objectives for our undergraduate programs in computer science are to educate the next generation of computer professionals and academics who will be able to: • Demonstrate proficiency in problem-solving techniques using computing gadgets / and programming tools. • Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis of complex problems and the synthesis of solutions to those problems. • Demonstrate comprehension of modern software engineering principles. • Demonstrate a breadth and depth of knowledge in the discipline of computer science. • Practice computer science and software engineering, understand the fundamental principles of computer science, and continue to develop their technical competencies. • Pursue advanced education, research and development, and other creative efforts in science and technology. • Lead in industry, academics, and the community.
Student Learning Outcomes, Scope, and Careers:
Upon graduation, students would be capable to: • Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions. • Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline. • Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts. • Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles. • Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline. • Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
Scope & career prospects
|Carrying out further research and development.
|Setting up an information system in public and private sector.
|For the facilitation in almost infinite domains and fields.
|Saving time & money and enhancing the business.
|You can help numerous public or private sector organizations in showing their true professional face to the world.
|Take up the challenge to connect the world organizations around by setting up a smart IT infrastructure for them, which is the need of the hour.
|Establish Quick Decision Support System by analyzing Big-and-Complex data sets.
|Sound and Graphics effects in Film Industry as some of the young Pakistanis are already serving with pride in Hollywood.
|An open field for Image processing in the Health Sciences and Country’s’ Defense System.
|Cartoons, Films, Documentaries, etc.
|A billion Dollar industry is open to the innovative game developers.
|Remote Sensing and GIS;
|Applications in Tourism & Hospitality, Agriculture, Forestry, Water Recourse Management, Town Planning etc. etc.
|Being an Entrepreneur, you can set up your own Online Business for the global World.
The candidates holding Intermediate examination certificate in (Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical, ICS or Equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks.
You can enjoy studying what you love studying and have a pride and sense of achievement. You’ll learn new innovative ways of doing things. If you have a passion to excel in the technical world, then what are you waiting for? Apply with full confidence in our Department of Computer Sciences, where we are going to offer BS Computer Science (BS-CS)
In order to take the admission in BS-CS, the prior knowledge of the subject Computer Science is not required, neither special background nor ICS in Intermediate is mandatory, We will teach you right from the scratch. However, you should have at least 2nd division in your intermediate (F.Sc. or A-Level) and you are willing to learn with dedication, zeal and handwork. If you satisfy the admissions requirements, you will be admitted in BS-CS Program. Please see the admissions requirements for further information and details given below:
Nomenclature of the Program: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
Minimum Duration: Number of Years 04,
Number of Semester: 08 (02 semesters/year).
- Dr. Waqas Haider Associate Professor
- Dr. Faran Majeed Assistant Professor
- Dr. Rehan Tariq Assistant Professor
- Mr. Saddam Hussain Lecturer
- Ms. Asma BiBi Lecturer