Library holds a key position in any research institution being the major source of knowledge. The libraries of both campuses and the central library has incorporated 18617 book, text books, references books and research journals.
Library remains open from:
08:00am to 07:00pm (Except on Saturdays / Sundays and gazetted holidays).
Prayer Break (Friday) 12:45 to 13:30
Issue of Books
- Membership of library is only for students and employees of University, which is granted on issuance of library membership card (University Card).
- It is essential to bring membership card for borrowing books.
- The membership card should be kept securely.
- The member will be responsible for any book borrowed on his/ her membership card or membership number.
- Membership card is non-transferable.
- Reference books, newspapers and periodicals can only be used in the library.
- If any borrowed book is urgently required in library, it may be called back by the Librarian.
- Librarian may with hold or restrict circulation of any book in the library for specific purpose.
- Rupees Ten (Rs.10/-) per day per book will be charged as overdue fine.
- Overdue fine must be deposited before end of semester otherwise membership will be suspended and fine will be deducted from university security of the member.
- Borrowers are responsible for safe return of all borrowed material to library at proper time.
- Book(s) lost, damaged, or mutilated in any way by a member have to be replaced or paid for as per local market price.
- If book is not available and current price cannot be determined from local market, then double of actual price as per record plus additional 25% as departmental charges will be paid by member
- If any member leaves university without returning books borrowed from library, price of books(s) will be adjusted against his security/dues with university
- Borrowers are advised to check books at time of issue and in case of any defect/damage inform library staff.
- No personal belongings are allowed in the library. A special rack is available outside library to keep such things.
- Library staff will not be responsible for precious things kept in handbags, brief cases, etc.
- Readers are allowed to select books from stack. However, they are requested not to disturb arrangement of books in shelves.
- Books once removed from shelves must be placed at nearest table or counter.
- Reader while in library shall not receive any telephone call.
- Musical instruments not allowed in library.
- Silence must be observed in the library.
- Books, periodicals and newspapers are not to be marked with ink or pencil.
- Tearing out of pages or damaging reading material in any way is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to visit library without University Identity Cards.
- Any misbehavior, discourtesy or unwillingness to provide services by library staff shall be reported to Chief Librarian.
- A student/member, who infringes rules, shall be liable to disciplinary action.
- In case of violation, violator would be fined that could be Rs: 500/= to 5000/= as per the decision of Chief Librarian. (Fine as per zone, display in library)
Our computer lab is equipped with almost 50 computers provides computer access and support to all college students, faculty and staff. Also pro-viding adequate access to up to date computing resources and services
Kohsar University Murree has a multipurpose auditorium that can accommodate around 100 participants. Various seminars, functions and programs are arranged in the auditorium.
A hall accommodating almost 200 students is also available in Girls Campus Kohsar University Murree for the same purpose.
1) Admission to Hostel
Limited seats in the University hostel are available for boys at boys campus and for gils at campus and these seats will be assigned based on a criteria decided by the university. Each room can host 3 to 4 students.
A resident student is bound to abide by the following regulations and to such other regulations that may be notified from time to time:
- Application on the prescribed form for allotment of space in the Hostels shall be submitted to the University one month before the final exams of running semester. Newly admitted students should submit the prescribed form at the time of admission.
- The University may refuse admission if he/she is satisfied that he is not a desirable person to live in the Hostel.
- Resident student shall deposit Hostel dues within specified period and submit deposit receipt.
- No boarder is allowed to change his/her room without prior permission of the Hostel authorities.
- Halls shall be open to students only when the University is engaged in Regular Classes/ Examinations / Zero Semester / winter Semester.
2) Hostel Dues
- Hostel dues and security deposits, as determined and revised by the University from time to time, are payable by the student in each regular / winter / zero semester.
- Hostel dues once paid shall be refunded after deduction as per deduction rules i.e. 10% deduction in fee if applied before allotment and 30% deduction in fee if applied after allotment but within 30 days.
- Hostel allotment of a student shall stand cancelled, if he/she fails to pay Hostel dues within specified period.
- No student will be allowed to accommodate guests.
3) General Regulations
- A resident student shall be responsible for the articles issued to him/ her and shall return these articles when leaving the Hostel. He/She shall also be responsible for any loss or damage to these articles.
- Resident students must treat Hostel staff politely. Misbehavior with the staff shall be treated as a serious offence. Complaints regarding misbehavior of the Hostel staff should be reported to the University.
- The allotment of a student who remains absent from the Hostel without prior permission for a period of one week shall be cancelled. However, he/she may seek re-admission as admissible under the rules.
- No meeting of any kind (political/religious/ social etc.) shall be allowed in the Hostel and its premises without prior permission of hostel authorities. Moreover, any activity / planning anywhere but having influence on the hostel is also prohibited.
- Every part of the Hostel shall be freely open to the Hostel authorities for inspection at any time.
- f) No boarder shall indulge in any amusement that may disturb other boarders.
- No electric appliance like electric heater, electric rod, shall be used in the Hostel. The use of electrical appliances shall lead to confiscation of the appliance along with a fine to be decided by the authorities.
- All electric articles must be switched off before leaving the room. Leaving the room with electric appliance switched on shall be an offence punishable with fine.
- Firearms and other weapons and prohibited literature shall not be allowed to be kept / used in the Hostel.
- Residents shall not be allowed to gamble or to use any intoxicants and narcotics.
- Violation of this restriction shall render a resident liable to expulsion from the Hostel, in addition to any criminal proceedings that may be initiated against him under the Penal Law of Pakistan.
- Residents shall be responsible for keeping their rooms neat and tidy. They shall not dispose off litter in the verandas or other parts of the Hostel premises.
- No notice / banner / advertisement etc. of any kind can be displayed in Hostel and its premises without prior approval of Hostel authorities.
- Defacing walls and fixtures shall be strictly prohibited.
- Boarders shall be required to observe necessary precautions for the safe custody of their belongings/valuables. They must not leave their rooms unlocked. In case of theft, Hall administration shall not be responsible for any loss.
- Parking of vehicles inside the Hostel Campus is strictly forbidden. Parking of permitted two- wheeler/four-wheeler shall be done only in the notified area.
- All residents shall submit “Security Clearance Certificate” issued by the Registrar Office/ Warden office before allotment. List of all resident shall be verified from the Registrar office who submitted the “Security Clearance Certificate” at the time admission.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the hostel and its premises.
- Residents are forbidden to keep/store, lathi, rod, knives, bolder, cracker or fire arms whether in room or anywhere in hostel. Strict disciplinary action shall be taken against these residents if noticed or bound during the visit of the superintendent, Warden Hostels, or any other authority of university.
- Where a hostel resident(s) is found involved in a case of indiscipline in the hostel, he shall be dealt with strictly.
- Any contravention or violation of Rules shall be subject to punishment.
- In cases of any student violence/clash/unrest etc. inside the hostel premises - the inquiry shall be conducted by the administration
- Any authorized person of the University shall have the power of demanding from the residents their identity cards and such other information as may be desired by the aforementioned persons concerned. Residents failing to provide the concerned information, shall be liable to disciplinary action.
University houses a purposefully erected cafeteria that caters to the need of students. It has ample space for students. University makes it sure that the food items served at the cafeteria are fresh, nutritious as well as economical.